Somebody once commented on a post of mine about Rituals, saying “Too much freedom is scary.” The sentence has stuck with me ever since.Most of us need a structure to exist in, to belong, to excel in.
Yet, we complain about a lack of freedom, when the structure we exist in does not match our aspirations. We want to break out of it and live a different life.
So, freedom is about having options.
If you are not able to exercise your options, or still worse, do not know your own options, what should be your path forward?
Ask yourself the following questions.
- What seems to be the trouble?
2. What seems to be the main obstacle?
3. What is stopping you?
4. What concerns you the most about . . . ?
5. What do you want?
Think about a few more questions. Answers will emerge from the exercise.
More important than this introspection is what are you going to do about it.
- What action will you take?
2. And after that?
3. What will you do? When?
4. Is this a time for action?
5. What action?
6. Where do you go from here?
7. When will you do that?
8. What are your next steps?
9. By what date or time will you complete these steps?
Get an overview here.
Author: Reena Saxena
Like and follow us on social media